Sunday, September 10, 2017

Snacking Tomatoes


Snacking Tomatoes

A friend brought me a large box of beautiful grape tomatoes. We enjoying eating these fresh as a snack and love them in a salad. I decided to process some into Snacking Tomatoes. My Mother used to make delicious tomatoes that we snacked on by using up her smaller tomatoes, added garlic and tomato juice. They were so good. I made up several jars with the grape tomatoes, no juice but they will still be delicious. I blanched the grape tomatoes, the skins slipped off easily, added 2-3 cloves per quart jar and a teaspoon of pickling salt. Processed them in a water bath for 20 minutes. Can't wait to try some soon. The next batch will have some basil, garlic and baby onions. Can you imagine this on your next pasta dish?  All you would need to do is drizzle the dish with your favourite olive oil.  Thank you Mom for all that you taught up while we were growing up and as adults. Miss you lots but know that when I am creating in my kitchen, you are there by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment