Thursday, July 18, 2013

Raspberries and Rhubarb.......

Summer fruit.........Growing up in the Kootenays my parents had a great raspberry patch as did all of my extended family.  When  I was young my Mother would 'volunteer ' my sisters and I to pick raspberries at a few of my  relatives  gardens...... I have always loved raspberries but was never able to have my own 'patch'   well things have changed!   Two years ago I planted a row of raspberry canes and now I am the proud 'owner' of  berries so sweet and juicy  and producing so very well.  Each time I go out in my gardens to water the raised bed area (which just happens to be near the raspberries) I have a feast.....such a treat while doing the mundane task of watering my plants.  Today I decided to bake with raspberries that I picked two days ago and fresh rhubarb from my garden. 


Raspberry/Rhubarb Pudding Cake

A bit of cream drizzled on top and it's a perfect ending to a meal.
 
 
The ingredients you will need.

 
Raspberry/Rhubarb Pudding Cake just out of the oven.......smells delicious!
 

 
 
RASPBERRY/RHUBARB PUDDING CAKE RECIPE
 
3 cups sliced rhubarb
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/3 cup sugar
Bring rhubarb, water, sugar and cornstarch to a boil and simmer 3 minutes.
Remove from stove and stir in:
1 cup raspberries
Set aside.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease an 8x8 inch baking dish
 
In large bowl:
Whisk together:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt.
 
In a separate bowl:
Whisk one egg
1/2 cup milk
8 tablespoons melted coconut butter. Stir in flour mixture until just combined.
Reserve 1/2 of the fruit mixture and add remainder to baking dish. Pour the batter over the fruit, spreading it evenly. Spoon the reserved fruit mixture over the batter.
 
Bake 25-30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Serve with  cream or ice cream.   Enjoy!
 
 

KINDNESS
is your soul's way of finding a place inside other people's hearts.
It is a shelter fortified with gratitude.
Dodinsky



No comments:

Post a Comment