Tuesday, December 4, 2012

COMFORT FOOD on those rainy days of Winter.....

Monday December 3, 2012

The Winter rains have started and it's nice to be inside, thoughts of what to make for dinner running through my brain.
Warm, filling and familiar......I decided to change up an old traditional recipe for my family.

Bean & Barley Stew with Buttered Onion Dumplings

....served it for dinner last night....I must say it was a hit with my boys... along with a nice green salad.....will write up the recipe and post it soon.  Meanwhile, I will leave you with the photo of our dinner.

Bean & Barley Stew with Buttered Onion Dumplings
 

Note: the beautiful place mat was woven by a friend, a very talented
weaver as is his wife!  The Wooden spoon was carved by my late Uncle Walter
he was a talented carver, beekeeper and more.
 
 
 
 
A view from my window this morning...
 
 
 
 
Visitor last December  - Trumpeter Swan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment