Sunday, August 6, 2017

Monkey Butter.......takes me back to Hawaii

We travelled to the Kootenays to visit family on the July long weekend. So good to be surrounded by family....so much love. While drinking coffee one morning my sister Holly came across this recipe and shared it with me.
Once home I had to use up some very ripe bananas and this was the perfect recipe!
The butter/jam is so very tropical with all my favorite flavors. I love it on Greek yogurt. I hope you make some for your family.

Monkey Butter


The ingredients you will need.

All ingredients are put into the pot to simmer.

Monkey Butter has simmered and is ready for jarring.
It smells so tropical in my kitchen.

Monkey Butter ready for topping your yogurt, ice cream or toast


MONKEY BUTTER RECIPE

1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, with juices *(see note)
  • 2 3/4 cups white sugar
  • 4-5 ripe bananas, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup coconut
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • Glass jars
  • Preparation

    1. Place sliced bananas in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and top with sugar, pineapple (and juices), sugar, coconut and lemon juice, and bring to a boil.
    2. Reduce heat to medium-low and, stirring frequently, cook until mixture is thickened and has reduced down. Banana slices will break down into pieces.
    3. Mixture is ready when it coats the back of a spoon; remove from heat and transfer to glass jars. Let cool, then refrigerate until ready to use
    *Note: I used fresh pineapple slices that I had frozen. Thawed and blended into 'crushed'.


     'Be an encourager: the world has plenty of critics already'

    Dave Willis








    No comments:

    Post a Comment