Sunday, May 7, 2017

Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai

I have been wanting to try using a spiralizer in my cooking as there has been so much talk about this 'gadget'. I knew my neighbor Anne had one and she let me borrow it for my 'test drive'. If you are watching your starches this recipe will be perfect for you! I love the texture of the 'zoodles' when added at the last part of the cooking. I also put a carrot through the spiralizer too as I thought it would add a bit more texture to this dish. I loved this dish and my family, my friend Helena and cousin Michael did too! I hope you try this for your family and friends.
For the tofu I used my recipe for 'Crispy Tofu Bites' in Pam's Incredible Edibles, the Adventure Continues'. You will find in on Page 5.


Zucchini Noodle Tofu Pad Thai

The ingredients you will need for the sauce

The rest of the ingredients.

The zucchini has been put through the spiralizer

Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai ready to be sampled.


ZUCCHINI NOODLE TOFU PAD THAI RECIPE

Sauce
  • 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) tamarind paste
  • 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) lime juice
  • 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) soy sauce
  • 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) brown sugar
Noodles
2 zucchini, cut on a spiralizer
1 cup (240 ml) firm tofu, cubed
olive oil, for frying
1 garlic clove, minced
½ red bell pepper, sliced thin
2 green onions, sliced thin
6 mushrooms, sliced
1 medium carrot cut on a spiralizer
2 eggs
2 Tbsp. (30 ml) fresh cilantro, chopped, for topping
2 Tbsp. (30 ml) roasted peanuts, chopped, for topping

DIRECTIONS

Whisk together ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
Using a spiralizer, make zucchini and carrot noodles.
Fry cubed tofu in olive oil until golden
. Add garlic, red pepper, green onion, carrots and fry until tender.
Crack egg and whisk into veggies.
Add zucchini noodles into pan
.Pour sauce over top and toss to coat.
Continue cooking until noodles warmed through and tender.
Top with cilantro and roasted peanuts..hot sauce if you like a bit of heat.

'A turtle carries its home on its back, as humans we carry our home in our heart.'

No comments:

Post a Comment